As of January 4, 2017, the International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand which is a sub-category of Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) recently reopened 500 new applications for experienced skilled workers.
After acquiring a provincial nomination certificate, Canadian permanent residence application will then follow. Additionally, job order is not required to make an application. Individuals not qualified for Express Entry or those who haven’t received the permanent residence’s Invitation to Apply are both eligible. Applicants should also be skilled and experienced in the occupation. Currently, there are about 21 occupations in different industries including health care, engineering, IT and trades.
Saskatchewan has gained more employment opportunities and is becoming immigration destination for the past few years.
SINP International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand Eligibility Requirements
- If living in Canada, proof of legal status is required.
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) minimum language score should reach 4.
- Canadian Education System completion (minimum one year post-secondary education or training)
- Paid work experience minimum of one year in the last ten years related to their interest.
- Saskatchewan licensure proof of eligibility
- Proof of applicant’s settlement plan and funds
- Point assessment grid score of 60 points.
In Demand Occupations
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Appliance Servicers and Repairers
- Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services
- Mathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries
- Recreation, Sports and Fitness Program and Service Directors
- Health Information Management Occupations
- Facility Operation and Maintenance Managers
- Purchasing Agents and Officers
- Managers in Agriculture
- Property Administrators
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers
- Biological Technologies and Technicians
- Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics
- Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialist
- Gas Fitters
- Civil Engineering Technologies and Technicians
- Technical Occupations in Geomantic and Meteorology
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Drafting Technologies and Technicians
- Aircraft Instrument, Electrical and Avionics Mechanics, Technicians and Inspectors
For more information, visit CANADAVISA.