We all make mistakes. But it shouldn’t be the reason for you to forcedly drink bleach.
This Filipina domestic helper had to endure the agony of inducing bleach because of mistakenly prepared tea. Now, the domestic helper sued the Saudi employer and is waiting for a court ruling.
On September 20, the case was filed by Agnes Mancilla over her abusive employer. According to reports, she was forced to drink the bleach after “she reportedly made a mistake in preparing tea,” says Edgar Badajos, Consul General to Jeddah.
The Filipina who was forced to drink the bleach was rushed by a fellow Filipina to the hospital as she found her unconscious last April 2.
To remove the toxic from her liver, she had to undergo laparotomy and doctors also found burns on her back allegedly due to the abuse of her employer. It is said that her employer usually bites her following a mistake.
Aside from that, she was forced to work 20 hours, more than the required working hours per day and coffee as her only meal.
Once found guilty, the employer will have to face lashing jail term and financial compensation.
“We would like to thank authorities in Saudi Arabia for filing the necessary charges against the employer who abused our kababayan,” says Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano.
“We are counting on our Saudi friends in ensuring that our kababayan would be able to obtain justice for the