A Filipina in Hong Kong succumbed to heart failure contrary to the viral news on social media that she choked to ginger before she fell unconscious and expired.
Family of Imelda Dancel Bartolome, 50, were not able to see her alive at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Kowloon, Hong Kong, last August 22.
According to Welfare Officer Virsie B. Tamayao, contrary to the previous news in social media that the Filipina expired after getting choked with ginger, the Filipina allegedly suffered a cardiac arrest before she fell unconscious.
The incident happened while Bartolome’s employers were on a vacation and she was left at home with her teen ward. Bartolome who is from Naguilian Isabela worked for the same employer for the past seven years.
It is said that Bartolome was rushed to the hospital last August 21 but was declared expired the following day.
Bartolome orphaned her two children in the Philippines and widowed his husband. Her family is set to meet with her employer at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office to talk about the necessary fees that the employer has to pay and the fees for her repatriation.
Bartolome’s husband, Sabas V. Bueno, is expected to attend the meeting at POLO as well as her sibling and aunt. Meanwhile, Bartolome’s friends were saddened over her sudden passing. She is known to her friends as friendly and helpful.
“Hindi ka tatanda kapag kasama mo si Mel, masayahin siyang tao at napakabait,” says Reyma T Marcos, her friend for three years.