A photo of a woman with red sores all over her body has been making rounds on the Internet.
One netizen posted the photos, claiming the woman was Filipino whose employee poured gasoline on her, hence the burns all over her body.
Upon investigation, though, the claims are false. The woman is, in fact, Vietnamese.
The woman’s true name was Bich, who travels to work from home to support her children’s education. However, disaster struck when she was bitten by a scorpion.
The scorpion bite caused the red sores, as well as swelling in her body and fluid retention. Her immune system has also weakened, and she suffers from severe bone pain.
Bich recalled walking to work in a furniture factory when a scorpion bit her finger. Her finger swelled the next day, in which she was rushed to the hospital.
The eldest among four sisters quit school after finishing third grade to help support her family. Currently, her eight-year-old daughter could not go to school due to lack of money.
The scorpion bite caused many toxins to spread throughout her body, hence the sores. The sting in the tail of a scorpion is similar to a bee sting wound.
Bich is currently worried about the costs of her long-term treatment, which is 1 million Vietnamese Dong (PHP2,100) per day.
Source Vietnamese Site , Lee Canete