San Miguel Foods offers a good partnership to poultry growers that are unsure of how to market their chicken. Once you partner with a well-known brand, such as San Miguel Foods, you can get a steady buyer of your products like hotdogs, dressed chicken and all other meat products. Aside from that, you can get assistance in countless ways.
Here are its other advantages that San Miguel, Inc. provides:
- Broiler feeds and Nutrition Program
- Technical Assistance
- Building Plans as well as design and specifications
- Laboratory services
- Quality-day-old chicks
- Medicines and vaccines
- Information recording materials
- Competitive payment agreement
- Ready market
You will need to produce this as a poultry and chicken grower:
- Agricultural land estimated 1-2 hectares
- Electricity and water system
- Poultry equipment
- Poultry houses and other needed facilities
- Labor and security
- Feeds warehouse
- Maintenance of all mentioned farm facilities and equipment
- Proper farm management
Several requirements need to be met to be eligible for the partnership. Here are the following requirements:
- At least 1-hectare farm
- Location of farm:
- Situated within an agricultural zone
- The nearest residential area must be 1 km away
- The nearest similar poultry or hog farm must be 1 km away
- Must be situated within 100km radius towards the nearest SMFI operated Poultry Processing Plant
- Trusted and stable source of potable water and electricity
- All roads leading to the farm must be passable
- The poultry house must obtain a minimum capacity volume of at least 36,000 bird space
Design Specification of the poultry farm:
- East-West orientation
- Tunnel Ventilated Broiler House
- 52 ft. width
- 450 ft. length
How To Apply:
- Fill out the Contract Growing Application Form.
- A representative from San Miguel Foods will conduct a site inspection.
- You will need the SMFI approval for the proposed farm or site.
- Submit a Letter of Intent.
- After the submission of the letter, you will be given a Letter of Commitment.
- You will now need to submit all the necessary permits.
- Upon approval, the construction of poultry house will undergo.
- Contract signing will be done afterwards.
- You will need to attend a seminar on basic husbandry.
- Placement of chicks will now take place.
If you are interested in venturing this kind of business, you can contact them at:
San Miguel Pure Foods Company, Inc.
23F The JMT Corporate Condominium
ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Tel: +632 317 5000