OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP) is an educational assistance which are offered to qualified OWWA dependents who are planning to pursue a 4-5year baccalaureate degree/associate degree in a university or a state college.
This scholarship shall be handed in a form of financial assistance amounting to P20,000/year and whose OFW dependent has an income of not more than US$400.00.
1,250 scholarship slots are being allocated every year.
- 200 slots for the top 10 poorest provinces
- 204 slots for the 17 cities
- 840 scholars for the 80 provinces
- 6 slots for OFW dependents with meritorious cases
Who are the qualified beneficiaries?
- Legal dependents of an OFW who is an active OWWA member, with a salary of no more than US$400.
- Only 1 child or only 1 sibling of the OFW member
- Single and 21 years old below
- Must be a high school graduate, physically, morally and mentally fit
- Must pass the entrance examination by the preferred college/university
- Not a recipient of any other scholarship grants
Only one scholarship beneficiary is given to each OWWA active member.
OFW couples are entitled to one slot only.
OFW dependents who previously availed CMWSP and EDSP are not qualified anymore.
List of OWWA offices across the Philippines
- Baguio City
- Cotabato City
- Tuguegarao, Cagayan
- Butuan City
- Calamba, Laguna
- Koronadal City
- San Fernando, La Union
- Davao City
- San Fernando, Pampanga
- Cagayan de Oro City
- Malate, Manila
- Zamboanga City
- Legazpi City
- Tacloban City
- Iloilo City
- Cebu City