CAVITE – After months of giving mixed signals about his presidential bid, Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday said he is finally going to run for the country’s top post.
Duterte had already said last Friday that he was disappointed with the SET’s decision favoring Poe, and this could prompt him into join the 2016 presidential race
“What made me decide to run? Was it an offer for money?
No. Gusto ko lang sabihin sa lahat stop (expletive) with the Philippines. Nothing against Grace but if you run for the highest post in the land, it must be reserved for a true-blue Filipino,” Duterte said.
“If ever you make it, you will be a presumptive president by citizenship. Hindi ko matanggap yung ganun. What will happen when she is disqualified because she is American? Give me an Igorot, an Aaeta, a plumber kahit ano basta Pilipino. It is a matter of principle. Pagka ganun my candidacy for the presidency is on the table.”
Before ending his speech, he challenged Poe to produce her birth mother to prove that she is Filipino.
— Bam Alegre (@BamAlegre_) November 21, 2015
“If she can prove she is Filipino then I will step down. I will be her (Poe) campaign manager.”
Duterte arrived at the party with Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, who is running for vice president and has been rooting for a tandem with the Davao City mayor.
Duterte added that he is also in Luzon to seek the blessing of his partymates from the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban).
Watch Below Video
Mayor Duterte confirms Presidential bid on 2016..@ Cavite, Nov 21, 2015.
Posted by Rody Duterte Supporters OFW Worldwide on Saturday, November 21, 2015