The 23-year old Filipina beauty queen Leren Mae Bautista was crowned Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International 2015 on New Year’s Eve in Malaysia.
She earned the right to represent the Philippines in the international beauty pageant after winning the Mutya ng Pilipinas-Asia Pacific International title.
“The best that I can show the candidates from other countries is that the Filipino woman is strong and independent,” Bautista said in a press conference held before she left for Malaysia.
Aside from the flagship Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International crown, this year’s pageant also handed out subsidiary titles.
Here is the list of winners:
- Dream Girl of the Year International – Miss India
- Miss Tourism Cosmopolitan International – Miss Iceland
- Miss Tourism Global International – Miss Lithuania
- Miss Tourism Metropolitan International – Miss Uganda
- Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International – Miss Philippines
Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International is organized by Malaysia-based D’Touch International