- OFWs actually don’t have tons of money
Common reason why Filipinos prefer to work abroad is for greener pasteur. Despite that thought, they actually live a much harder life abroad especially because they send their hard-earned money to their families in the Philippines.
- Everything they send to families back home were from their sweat and blood
It might feel so fantastic to receive something from your relative abroad. But did you know that they sacrificed so much just to buy your favourite stuffs?
- Sometimes they even starve
Not everyone lives a good life outside the country. Sometimes, they even sacrifice their own meal just to save some extra penny.
- They crave for Filipino food.
One of their fantasies is to eat Filipino foods. They actually crave a lot on it.
- Balikbayan box? They are actually made through blood, sweat and tears.
The precious balikbayan box – one of the most awaited thing coming from almost all OFWs. But actually, they were from the stern effort of every Filipino worker abroad.
- The struggle is real just to watch a Filipino movie/show
OFWs prefer to watch Filipino shows/movies but it seems harder than ever to watch one!
- Health is the absolute wealth of OFWs
Health facilities abroad are truly expensive.
- Extra job is a MUST!
To earn more, OFWs take up extra jobs. These jobs are sometimes very risky.
- Long hours of work for extra pay
Since they are aiming for the financial stability of their families back home, they work long hours for extra pay.
- At home, they still have to finish household chores
Since no one is there to care for them, they are required to do chores at home even after a day of stressful work.
- Family Events are seen just through pictures
Despite wanting to be with their families in the Philippines during family events, they settle just seeing photographs posted in social media sites.
- They miss seeing their children/siblings grow up.
They can’t bring back time so they basically miss seeing their children/siblings grow up.
- Holidays in the Philippines and outside the country are totally different
In the Philippines, holidays are spent merrily but outside the country, they are spending it all alone.
- Day-offs are basically spent alone
To save money, OFWs prefer to stay at home during day-offs, ALONE.
- Self-Pity is their total enemy
They have to adjust to different nationalities and some of them encounter self-pity.
- Home-sickness and separation anxiety are also their enemy
Being away from home constitutes mix emotions.
- Phone and video calls won’t do much about it
Filipinos have close family bonds so phone/video calls won’t do much about it.
- They don’t want to leave their families…but they need to.
Leaving their family is never that easy.
- After all, coming back home is their ultimate goal.
After all the longings, they only want to come back home to their families in the Philippines.
Just because they live abroad, doesn’t mean they live like kings and queens.
If you can relate all this please SHARE it to your Family and Friends