People nowadays are so hooked with Facebook that it became a part of their daily routine. In fact, some studies show that people spends longer hours in browsing their Facebook account than reading a book or watching a movie. It’s something they get to enjoy being hooked on.
Honestly, they are not to be blamed as Facebook has been a very effective way of getting in touch with friends, near or distant. There are also inspirational posts that motivates people in their daily lives.
But an alarming news came out recently about these hackers who have disguised their way of hacking one’s Facebook account through the quizzes that are being answered by Facebook users.
According to the Managing Director at the Florida Center for Cybersecurity, Mr. Sri Sridharan, the main purpose of these hackers was to make use of the information entered by users in order to make money.
The quizzes were conducted in such a way that the personal information were drawn from the user and can be used for scams in the internet.
“It seems harmless but you never know who’s really asking you for that information,” Sidharan said.
Sihdaran suggested that Facebook users should only participate in quizzes from reputable sources.
“The more they know about you, the more ways they can trick you into doing something like clicking on a link you should not click on,” Shidharan added.
Florida Center for Cyber security recommended ways on how we can protect our accounts:
- Report scams that you find in social media sites
- Watch closely at the hyperlinks before you click on them. Be careful in giving your personal data.
- Open web links independently from your browser.
- Be careful about the links posted by friends in their accounts that seem to be suspicious. If you are interested in a certain topic, go to a trusted source and search from there.
- Keep your email address and log-in credentials as confidential as possible.
- Be cautious in answering quizzes or polls that requires signing in or giving out of your personal information.
We have to be more cautious about the quizzes that we seemingly enjoy to answer via Facebook. They would always look enticing but beware because they are disguised in such a way that we will not notice they are already hacking our account.
Be more alert when you click.
Watch below video for more information
Source : TheNewsJournal