Philippines -Department of Budget and Management (DBM) said on Monday that government personnel be given a P5,000 Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI) by December 15.
“For the national government agencies, an estimated amount of P7.5 billion has been set aside in the 2017 Budget to finance the PEI grant of around 1.5 million workers across the national government,” the DBM said.
“The PEI of P5,000 shall be given to government employees not earlier than December 15, 2017, provided that they are still in the service as of November 30, 2017 and that they have rendered at least a total of four months of at least satisfactory service as of November 30, 2017,” the department said.
The order was issued as Budget Circular No. 2017-4, which the DBM released on Monday.
The circular covers the following:
All positions of civilian personnel, whether regular, casual, or contractual in nature, appointive or elective, full-time or part-time, now existing or created in the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches, the Constitutional Commissions and other Constitutional offices, State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), and GOCCs not covered by Republic Act 10149
Officials and employees of local government units
- Military personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines
- Department of National Defense
- Uniformed personnel of the Philippine National Police,
- Philippine Public Safety College,
- Bureau of Fire Protection
- Bureau Jail Management and Penology under the Department of Interior and Local Government, Philippine Coast Guard under the Department of Transportation,
- National Mapping and Resource Information Authority under the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
“As mandated by EO 201, the PEI is meant to improve the productivity of government workers,” the DBM said.
“The PEI is granted to government workers, alongside the upward adjustment of the salary schedule in the bureaucracy, and new benefits such as mid-year bonus equivalent to one-month basic salary,” it added. via GMA News