A Filipino who works as a domestic helper in Hong Kong took his own life by hanging over love problems.
According to authorities, the 36-year-old Filipino hanged himself while aboard the yacht of his employer on Friday. Police received a call reporting the incident and they were able to retrieve the body. He was later taken to the United Christian Hospital where he was declared expired.
It is said that the victim didn’t die of suspicious circumstances and no suicide note was found. However, according to the information gathered surrounding his passing, it is said that the victim had a ‘love affair problem”.
The employer called the Philippine Consulate for assistance on the fast repatriation of his remains.
Those with suicidal tendencies or suffering depression can call the multi-lingual hotline at 2896 0000, open for 24 hours.
What is Depression
Depression is common yet a serious medical illness that affects negatively the lives and feelings of a person, including the way he thinks and acts. Here are the symptoms of depression:
- Feeling the sad or depressed mood
- Losing interest in daily activities that you once enjoyed.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Sleeping less or too much
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Slowed speech and movement or increase in purposeless physical activity including pacing or hand-wringing
- Difficulty concentrating, thinking and making decisions
- Thoughts of taking own life