Frequently Asked Questions About OWWA OFW e-CARD
The OWWA OFW e-CARD serves as proof that you are an active member of OWWA. It also aims to accelerate access to OWWA’s programs and services. This OFW e-CARD can also be presented as a government-issued ID that can be used in any Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), Embassy and Consulates in different countries.
Who can apply for OWWA OFW e-CARD?
All Balik-Manggagawa with active OWWA membership, valid passport and Overseas Employment Certificate/Exemption Number can apply for this OFW e-CARD. Just bear in mind that your OWWA membership should be active for atleast 90 days from the application of OFW e-CARD.
Can a new OFW apply for an OFW e-CARD?
At the moment, the OFW e-CARD is still on Phase 1 and because of that, only Balik-Manggagawa are prioritized to have this card. However, on the Phase 2 of the program, all those who were not included in the Phase 1 can avail of the OWWA e-CARD.
Who are the Balik-Manggagawa?
According to POEA Rules and Regulations, a Balik-Manggagawa is an OFW who successfully completed or currently completing the employment contract and:
- To return to the same employer at the same place of employment.
- To return to the same employer at a new place of employment.
Those who are new hires, direct-hires and Government Placement Branch (GBP)-hored workers are not considered as Balik-Manggagawa.
What are the benefits that you can get for having an OWWA OFW e-CARD?
This OFW e-CARD offers multiple benefits for active OFWs, including:
- Faster transactions on OWWA’s programs and services.
- Serves as an exit clearance for those who are exiting the country.
- Can be used to acquire the Digital OWWA OFW e-CARD at the OWWA Mobile App.
- You can have a permanent OWWA/OFW membership number.
- Serves as a government-issued identification card.
How to know the status of the OWWA Membership?
To know the status of your OWWA Membership, you need to download the OWWA Mobile App on your smartphone. You can get this app for free on Google Play and the App Store. You can also go directly to the POLO-OWWA in the country where you are employed or to the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office if you are still in the Philippines.
If my OWWA membership is already expired, where can I renew it?
If your OWWA membership is already expired, you can renew it through the following;
- Online – download the OWWA mobile app.
- Abroad – visit the nearest POLO-OWWA office.
- In the Philippines – visit the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office.
What is the process in applying for the OWWA OFW e-CARD?
Follow the following steps to acquire the OWWA OFW e-CARD
- Visit ecard.owwa.gov.ph
- Input the required information.
- Choose which OWWA Regional Welfare Office you can get the OFW e-CARD.
- Check the Data Privacy Act and Captcha.
- Click the ‘submit’ button if you are done.
- You will be given a tracking number that will serve as proof that your application has been successfully submitted.
- Input your email address or Facebook profile name to know the status of your OWWA OFW e-CARD.
- Get your OFW e-CARD at your chosen OWWA Regional Welfare Office.
What if I am exempted to get the OEC?
Those Balik-Manggagawa who are exempted in getting an OEC must register to POEA Balik-Manggawa Online to get the BM Exemption Number. Instead of the OEC number, you can input the BM Exemption Number on the Online Application form to get the OWWA OFW e-CARD.
How can I get the OFW e-CARD?
Check the online application form for the available OWWA Regional Welfare Office where you can pick up your OWWA OFW e-CARD.
If I am residing abroad, can I still apply for the OWWA OFW e-CARD?
Yes. Balik- Manggagawa who are currently deployed abroad can apply at the OWWA OFW e-CARD online. Currently, the pick-up locations are limited to OWWA Regional Welfare Offices. Therefore, the OFW can only get the e-CARD once he returns to the Philippines.
Can I get the OWWA OFW e-CARD while still working abroad?
Yes. You just need to provide an Authorization Letter to your relatives in the Philippines together with a copy of the Passport Identification Page. This will be presented to the chosen OWW Regional Welfare Office.
What if I lose the OWWA OFW e-CARD?
This OWWA OFW e-CARD is given free on the first issuance. Please reach out to your nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office to know more information on how to acquire this OWWA OFW e-CARD again.