The OWWA Tulong PUSO Program (Tulong Pangkabuhayan sa Pag-unlad ng Samahang OFWs Program) is another excellent program for OFWs who want to start their own business. Besides attracting qualified OFWs who want to expand their businesses, this program is also beneficial to those who wish to revive bankrupted businesses. In this program, OFW groups can apply for up to P150,000 in financial assistance, which is not a small amount.
DOLE-OWWA Tulong-PUSO is a financial grant program that supports both the start-up and expansion of OFW groups through a one-time livelihood financial grant. A DOLE, CDA, and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)-recognized business plan has been submitted to support the start-up and expansion of OFW groups. Among the benefits of the program are:
- Livelihood Start-up: Establishing a business for the first time.
- Livelihood Expansion: Enhancing the viability and sustainability of an existing enterprise.
- Livelihood Restoration: Reestablishing bankrupt businesses.
OFW groups that have been duly registered with the DOLE, CDA, and SEC are eligible for benefits.
OWWA members and/or their families must make up at least eighty percent (80%) of the OFW group. Undocumented/irregular OFWs and/or their families may make up the remaining twenty percent (20%). Those who have previously been awarded Tulong Puso grants pursuant to Memorandum of Instruction No. The Tulong Pangkabuhayan sa Pag-Unlad ng Samahang – OFWs (Tulong Puso) will no longer be eligible for the program as described in the Guidelines and Procedures in Implementation of the Tulong Pangkabuhayan sa Pag-Unlad ng Samahang – OFWs (Tulong Puso).
Preferred Livelihood Projects For The Program
- Viable and marketable products (i.e processing of food and other consumer products)
- Key industries for generating employment (i.e information technology, wholesale and retail trade, health and wellness, tourism, etc.)
- Utilization of local resources and materials (i.e handicraft, specialty, souvenir items)
- Contributes to the creation of local jobs (farming, bamboo propagation, livestock, manufacturing and aquaculture)
- Products that are environmentally friendly; preferably ‘green’ products (agriculture-based products)
- Franchise (food, health, wellness, medical and sanitary related business)
- Providing online sales and delivery services
- Priority products of the Department of Trade and Industry (i.e cacao, coco coir, coffee, home styles, food processing and wearable)
The Program Supports the Following Categories:
- Micro-sized OFW groups of up to 10 members may avail up to maximum of Php 150,000.00 grant.
- Small-sized OFW group of 11 to 15 members may avail up to maximum of Php 250,000.00 grant.
- Medium-sized OFW groups of 16 to 30 members may avail up to maximum of Php 500,000.00 grant.
- Large-sized OFW groups of 31 or more members may avail up to maximum of Php 1,000,000.00 grant.
- Completed Application Form
- DOLE, CDA, or SEC registration certificate
- At least 80% of OFW members and their families are OWWA members
- An audited financial statement from the Association/Group’s Treasurer and Auditor, if applicable
- Signature of the President of the OFW Group indicating the names and addresses of authorized representatives for each phase of the program (maximum three)
- OFW Group’s Affidavit or Undertaking of Management and Growth
- A business proposal and feasibility study with proof of a minimum 20% equity stake, including bank statements, bank accounts, and similar documentation.
Steps on How To Avail Tulong-PUSO Program
Step 1: Apply through the Online Appointment System (appointment.owwa.gov.ph)
Step 2: Join the Webinar pre-orientation and social preparation
Step 3: Documents are evaluated and reviewed
Step 4: Evaluation of the business proposal
Step 5: Committee Review
Step 6: Release of the Grant
Step 7: Monitoring and Evaluation