The Bureau of Custom’s Facebook Page has come up with a ‘friendly’ video to highlight the government’s newly approved law which provides a privilege for an OFW to be able to send a tax-free balikbayan box. The video was an “off-shoot” of the written reports published days ago when the law has been signed.
Represented with a ‘light’ and ‘jolly’ musical background, the Bureau also showed how they would secure the balikbayan boxes to be sent home by the OFWs to their families and loved-ones together with a step-by-step procedure.
Here are the steps to be taken by an OFW as showed in the video:
Please be guided accordingly.
- Ask for an Information Sheet from the consolidator. The form can also be downloaded thru the BOC’s website: Here
- List down every item that you would like to send and the approximate value of each.
- Put a photocopy of your passport and a copy of the completely filled-up Information Sheet inside the balikbayan box after the consolidator had double checked the items and had filled-up the portion allotted to them. (The form will be in triplicate, one copy to be put inside the box, one copy for the consolidator and one copy will be left for you (sender of the balikbayan box).
- Please bear in mind that receipts are needed for items who have a value of more than
P 10,000.00. Please keep the receipts ready as needed.
- Als, remember that only personal and household items are allowed to be contained in the balikbayan box. Other items that does not fall within the law’s conditions will be charged accordingly and will not be free of tax.
When the box is ready, the information sheet left with the consolidator will then be forwarded to the deconsolidator and will be submitted to the Bureau of Customs.
OFWs can now have a peace of mind knowing that their packages are secured because the balikbayan boxes will no longer be opened. The information sheet will serve as the reference for all items inside.
When everything is set, the balikbayan boxes are ready for shipping!
The Bureau of Custom’s post has earned various comments from the OFWs of which, mostly are inquiries and clarifications. It was just nice that the admin of the page was on-hands and very patient to answer every inquiry.
See the video below :
#BalikbayanBox101 #GoodVibesSaCustomsNgayon, mas protektado ang iyong padala sa iyong pamilya.Easy lang ang pagpapadala ng balikbayan box kung gusto mong ma-avail ang duty and tax free privilege.
Posted by Bureau of Customs PH on Friday, July 28, 2017
See some comments below