OWWA offers IT training to OFWs and their qualified dependents through designated training stations and centers at OWWA Regional Centers. It is one of OWWA’s short-term training programs for OFWs.
In order to enhance the skills of OWWA’s active and inactive members in the area of Information Technology, OWWA offers a free IT training program. For students to be able to meet the demand for office automation and other related fields, this program helps them acquire a comprehensive foundation of basic skills and technology applications. Benefits
The IT Trading application process being free of charge is a benefit on its own, but to add to that, approved applicants are entitled to the training program for free as well, so it is similar to a scholarship program.
Inactive and active OWWA members as well as their qualifying dependents are eligible to participate in this program. You may qualify as a dependent if you can prove your relationship to an OFW and that you are one of the following.
If an OFW member is married or a single parent:
- A spouse of the OFW member or
- A single child, at least a high school graduate, and no older than 20 years old.
If the OFW member is single:
- A sibling, single, at least a high school graduate and no older than 20 years old.
Those who will qualify for the said program should submit the following requirements:
- Duly accomplished application form
- Proof of OWWA membership, such as recent OR of membership contribution
- Valid ID of applicant and OFW
- Proof of applicant’s relationship to OFW
How to Avail OWWA IT Training Program
After completing the necessary requirements, qualified applicants can now pursue the application process. Please follow these steps.
- Go to the designated OWWA Regional or Satellite Office, or an Informatics branch near you to get an application form.
- Fill in the required information and attach a copy of each documentary requirement.
- Submit your application at the OWWA Regional or Satellite Office, or your nearest Informatics branch.
- Wait for a confirmation message from an authorized representative regarding your application.
For more information visit OWWA