Employers keeping the passport of their employees is very common when you work abroad. Some might even think it’s normal but in reality, it is not. Passport must be kept by the passport owner and getting it from them is considered illegal.
In United Arab Emirates (UAE), good thing you can easily report this inappropriate behavior of your company/direct employer through TASHEEL.
What is Tasheel?
Tasheel is a government partner which is responsible in securing UAE labour processes. They can also help you establish your own business in UAE. Since there are a lot of transactions going through it, Tasheel is also the best place to file a complaint concerning your companies or employers.
READ ALSO : Hold Of Your Passport A Stern Warning To OFWs in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Oman and Qatar
Furthermore, filing a complaint at Tasheel is not limited to workers, they also cater their services to companies who have disputes towards their employees.
Steps on How To File A Complaint at Tasheel
- Visit the nearest Tasheel branch to personally file a complaint.
- Transactions at Tasheel are done online. Be sure to state your complaint direct to the point.
- Present photocopy of your passport as identification
- As much as possible, bring all documents that will testify your claims. Documents such as visa and papers that you signed are very helpful so Tasheel can acquire the company number and work permit number
- Give your contact details
- Pay an amount of 30 AED
- Tasheel will give you 48 hours to settle the issue with your employers.
- Verify your complaint and confirm if you wish to go through it
After two days, you will receive a phone call from the Ministry of Human Resource and Emiratisation (MOHRE) verifying whether you are still interested to go through with your complaint.
- Appointment schedule with MOHRE
MOHRE will again reach out on you through SMS, informing you regarding your appointment schedule.
- Discuss your case with the MOHRE
You will be given your complaint number, company name and your name. Explain to the MOHRE the nature of your complaint and everything about it.