Dubai will announce a new set of rules when it comes to passenger’s baggage. This new rule will help improve the overall service of the airport and will also reduce cases of mishandlings in check-in sections.
According to the President of Terminal Operations at Dubai International Ali Angizeh, Dubai International claims to provide one of the best baggage system across the world. Despite this advancement in technology, irregular shaped and oversized baggage could disrupt the safety measures that the airport offers. These bags can cause shut down to the system.
- Round bags are not allowed
- Bags should have flat surface
- Irregular-shaped bags are not allowed
- Over-sized bags are not allowed
- All bags that won’t meet the said qualifications will be repacked in boxes and accompanying fees will be paid.
Effective this coming March 8, 2017, this new rule should be observed by all passengers. To raise awareness, the imminent change is posted in their website, mobile app and signage in different areas in the airport.
BUNOS : OFW in Dubai Sentenced To Death After Killing An Indian Driver