One of the programs offered by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is Disability and Dismemberment. Qualified members can avail of this benefit of up to PhP100,000 if they sustain injuries caused by an accident as they are working outside the country.
Who Can Avail of This Benefit?
All active OWWA members are entitled to avail of this program. To become an active member, you have to regularly pay your OWWA contribution so you will be entitled to the programs and benefits of the agency.
Requirements For OWWA’s Disability and Dismemberment Program
There are necessary requirements that you need to obtain to avail of OWWA’s Disability and Dismemberment Program. These requirements will ensure that the claimant is entitled to avail of the said program.
- OFW Membership Record (MR) – you can obtain this document at the OWWA RWO.
- Seaman’s Identification Record Book (SIRB) or Copy of Passport of the OFW – you can obtain this at the MARINA office.
- Foreign Medical Certificate translated in English – you can obtain this at the OWWA-POLO of the country where you are deployed.
- Medical Certificate (this document should indicate the procedure or the medical examination done by the doctor in the Philippines) – you can acquire this from a competent medical practitioner of a legitimate facility or medical institution.
- For seafarers: Accident Report/Master’s Report – this can be acquired from your employer.
- 1×1 picture (one copy) – to be secured by the OWWA member.
- In case the claimant is not the OFW but the dependent of the OFW, an Authorization Letter is needed together with the I.D of the OWWA member
- 1 Valid I.D of the claimant
Steps of How To Avail The Disability and Dismemberment Program
This is a step-by-step guide on how to avail of OWWA’s benefit – the Disability and Dismemberment program.
Step 1: You have to go the OWWA Regional Welfare Office nearest to the permanent address of the Overseas Filipino Worker.
Step 2: At the OWWA office, you will need to secure a priority number and wait on queue.
Step 3: Once you are accommodated, present your OFW I.D or other information at the Membership Verification Desk.
Step 4: Fill up the claim form and submit it together with the other required documents. These documents will then undergo validation or evaluation by OWWA personnel.
Step 5: If your application is approved, you will need to present the claim stub to the counter to acquire your check or cash pay out.